State Healthcare and InsuranceLast Updated 12 Jan 2023
Below is the actual cover provided by the State Health Insurance. We were provided with the document in Turkish and this is a certified copy of that document.
Health Insurance Coverage (Compulsory for residency visas)
For Foreign Nationals with an Immigration Permit Foreign nationals, who have paid the premium determined in accordance with Article 11 of the National Health Insurance Scheme, can benefit from health examination and treatment services carried out in the emergency services free of charge. However, all other public health services, excluding the emergency health treatment services carried out after the necessary examination and diagnosis in the emergency services, including consumables, polyclinic services, laboratory and examination services, public pharmacies, drug supply services, all kinds of inpatient treatment services, any paramedical services and any other public health services offered can be used at full cost. The scope of emergency treatment services as per Article 11 of the National Health Insurance Scheme is as follows:
- Traffic Accident
- Suicide Attempt
- Injury/ limb rupture
- Electric shock
- Cold Shock
- Heat Shock
- severe burns
- Serious Eye injuries
- Serious allergy anaphylactic situations: Severe allergy or low blood pressure that may lead to impaired heart rhythm, respiratory tract obstruction.
- All kinds of spinal fractures of the spine and lower extremity fractures, which cause large external or internal bleeding.
- Decompression (diver's disease) situation commonly known as ‘crippled by the bends’
- MI, Arrhythmia hypertension crises: Heart attack, types of heart rhythm disorders that require urgent treatment, brain pressure, hemorrhage etc. rising to a degree that can lead to serious outcomes
- Asthma crisis, acute breathing problems
- Any situation that causes loss of consciousness
- Sudden strokes
- Serious general condition disorder
- High fever: poisoning, infectious diseases, heat stroke, etc. If the average body temperature is 39.5 C or above.
- Diabetic and uremic bleeding: conditions that may start from confusion caused by diabetes and kidney failure to complete loss of consciousness (coma).
- Dialysis disease accompanied by general condition disorder
- Acute abdomen: Perforation, hollow or knotted inflammation of hollow organs such as stomach intestine, etc. situations requiring urgent intervention.
- Acute massive hemorrhages: Life-threatening internal or external bleeding, usually caused by trauma.
- Meningitis, encephalitis, brain abscess
- Renalcoholic: A condition that causes severe pain that may lead to urinary tract or kidney damage caused by renal calculus.
- Acute psychotic pictures: Neurological or psychological discomfort.
- Migraine and/or vomiting, loss of consciousness, headaches.
- Discomfort due to delirium tremens.