PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE DATES
OPENING OF NEW ‘LAPTA’ CLINIC – SATURDAY 24rd APRIL
As we have ‘suspended’ operations at Lambousa Market since the latest ‘lockdown’ has been in force we approached the owners (Emma and Aziz) of the WILD DUCK in Lapta to see if they would support us in opening a clinic at their Bar/Restaurant on a Saturday morning.
They have agreed, so we will be running a Clinic at the Wild Duck from this coming Saturday 24rd April between 10am and 12 noon. (Regulations Permitting)
The venue has a large open-air area where we will operate the clinic so as to reduce any risks.
You must comply with Covid regulation by wearing a mask – if not eating or drinking – signing in at the entrance and using the hand sanitiser.
Please come along and support the BRS and the Wild Duck!
RE-OPENING OF ‘THE HUT’ CLINIC – SATURDAY 1st MAY
Since the ‘area’ restriction (5 square metres per person) was introduced, we suspended clinic operations at the Hut, but now due to improving weather conditions we have decided to re-open the Hut, from SATURDAY 1st MAY, with the following restrictions.
- A table will be placed across the entrance doorway to restrict access to ALL but our Representative.
- Chairs will be placed outside the doorway for Members/Non-Members to sit whilst being dealt with.
- Masks MUST be worn.
- A record of visitor’s details will be kept.
- Should MORE visitors attend whilst someone is being dealt with they will be asked to socially distance.
LAUNCH OF NEW ESENTEPE / BAHCELI / TATLISU CLINIC
We are pleased to announce the launch of the above new BRS Membership Clinic, which will be held on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, between 12midday and 2 pm, at the Eagles Nest Restaurant, Kucuk Erenkoy.
The Eagles Nest Restaurant can be found on the old coast road in the centre of the village itself. The date of the first Clinic will be Monday 5th April. We look forward to seeing our members for renewals and to welcoming new members as well.
If you have any friends or neighbours who would like to join the BRS, please pass on the news .
RESUMPTION OF BOGAZ CLINIC
We are pleased to announce the resumption of the above Clinic with effect from Saturday 20th March and each subsequent 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month from then on. The time of the Clinic will remain as 11am to 1pm.
RESUMPTION OF BRS CLINICS HELD AT CREDITWEST BANK BRANCHES
We are pleased to announce that Creditwest Bank has authorised the BRS to recommence their Membership Clinics with effect from Monday 8th March.
Can all members be aware that by law there are restrictions on the number of persons including staff and visitors that Creditwest Bank is allowed to have in their branches, at any one time.
Access to the Bank and the BRS Clinic will be controlled by a member of the Creditwest staff.
In order for the BRS to assist Creditwest with minimising the number of people within each branch,
- each BRS Membership Clinic will only be staffed by one BRS representative and will only be able to deal with one member at a time.
- Creditwest will allow one additional member-only, to wait inside the branch to see the BRS representative, and this will be in the proximity of where the BRS Clinic is taking place. As an example in the case of Catalkoy, this will be upstairs directly outside of the office where the BRS Clinic takes place.
This will mean that from time to time you may be asked to wait outside of the branch and only gain access to each BRS Clinic on a one-in, one-out basis.
IF THESE PROTOCOLS ARE NOT FOLLOWED BY OUR MEMBERS, WE WILL BE ASKED TO CLOSE THE CLINICS.
We hope you understand the necessity for this and will work with Creditwest and the BRS, so that Clinics can continue for the benefit of all concerned.
To clarify the next BRS Clinics will now be as follows,
Creditwest Bank Catalkoy – Monday 8th March 09.30 – 11.30 then every week thereafter.
Creditwest Bank Alsancak – Wednesday 10th March 09.30 – 11.30 then every week thereafter.
Creditwest Famagusta – Wednesday 10th March 09.30 – 11.30 then every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month thereafter.
The BRS hold weekly "surgeries" at a number of contact points. They are as follows:
- Lapta (The Wild Duck - Saturday mornings 10.00 to 12.00)
- Alsancak (Creditwest Bank - Wednesdays 9.30 to 11.30)
- Girne (The Hut - Saturday mornings 10.00 to 12.00)
- Catalkoy (Creditwest Bank - Monday mornings 09.30 to 11.30)
- Bogaz (Eddie’s Restaurant 1st and 3rd Saturday each month 11.00 to 1.00 pm)
- Famagusta (Creditwest Bank - Alternate Wednesdays 9.30 to 11.30)
- Guzelyurt (Creditwest Bank - Alternate Friday’s 9.30 to 11.30)
- Esentepe / Bahceli / Tatlisu (Eagles Nest Restaurant Kucuk Erenkoy - Old Coast Road) 1st and 3rd Monday of each month 12midday to 2pm.